Friday, October 2, 2015

Announcing...the Barrelette Clutch!

I'm happy to announce the completion of my first sewing pattern, the Barrelette Clutch!  Named for it's barrel shape, this is one of my first clutch designs, and one that I've adapted into numerous designs over the years.  The pattern has three variations: Basic, Gathered, and Bow. 

Along with the variations, there are instructions for two add-ons, a chain or fabric strap, and a wrist strap.
My fabulous testers were so patient and helpful through my first testing process, and here are some of their versions and feedback!
Gathered version with wrist strap, by Liz Schaffner. "This is a fast, fun clutch for a night out. Whether it be made in silks or denim... It will look fabulous!"

 Basic version by Ana Cristina Machado.
Basic version by Anupama Rao

Two versions, Bow with lace overlay, and Basic with wrist strap, by Bethany Mitchell.

 
Basic, and Basic with Shoulder strap, by Elizabeth Gilmartin. "This pattern provides the perfect base for making a classic barrel style clutch. I love the variations that come with the pattern too (it's like a 3 in 1)!"

Basic version, by Jennifer Lario Moya. "I had a great time seeing my barrelette clutch. As a confident beginner I found it clear and easily to follow. The variations in the pattern are wonderful and so personal. I highly recommend this pattern."
 
Basic version, by Saar Mertens. "The Barrelette is an easy to follow, well-written pattern with great results! The instructions are clear, with diagrams and pictures to guide you through every step. I really enjoyed going through my fabric stash to find the perfect combo for this beautiful clutch. I chose a black fabric, which I embellished with some embroidery and added a vibrant red interior. I couldn't enjoy the finished Barrelette very long, because my best friend claimed it the very same evening to go out on a date!"
Basic version, by Karen Cook.

 
Two Basics with wrist straps, by Kelly Shaw. "Easy pattern to use and great use of pictures too. Love this pattern and easy to use even if you're not used to working with patterns."


 

Three different Basics, one with a wrist strap, by Lori Peoples. "The Barrelette Clutch is a quick sewing pattern that is very easy to personalize. The possibilities are endless - cross body, wristlet or clutch, plain or embellished, the only limit is your imagination."


 
 
Basic, by Tammi Mooney. "Very cute and simple pattern! Quick to make, and you can dress it up or make it simple."
 
Basic version, by Hanie Noor. "This pattern might not be the easiest to sew as a first bag, but you can tell once it's done that it is worth it. The options for making this bag personal are endless. With the right fabrics, it can be as dressy or as casual as you want it to be. A great, roomy clutch!"
 

Basic version, by Anne Verberckmoes.
 
Basic Version, by Rajyalaxmi Pradeep.
 
 
Judi Duncan- "Super cute and fun pattern to make. Instructions are clear and easy to follow and you can sew one up in an afternoon!"
Karen Thomas- "I love this design. The variations mean it will suit anyone. It can be made from any fabric making it easy to compliment your outfit."
And many thanks also to Bec Munro for pattern edits!
The Barrelette (ask me how often I misspell that!) will be available on Etsy and on Craftsy.  Give me a week or so, and I will have interfacing kits ready to sell as well.  I'm combining my PDF patterns with my supply destash shop (formerly ColorSpree), which is now ToriskaPDF.
My next two patterns are actually almost finished. September has really been a whirlwind.  As soon as this pattern goes live I will be finishing them up and asking for testers.  Join my facebook group for more info about those pattern.
 

3 comments: